Important 2018 Dates
New 8&U swimmers and ALL 6&U (including 2017 swimmers) will be asked to complete a swim screening with a Wahoo coach to confirm their ability to complete a 25yd swim, unassisted. Swim screens will be at the Lone Tree Rec Center 3/30 (730-830p), 4/7 (930-1030a) and 5/12 (930-1030a)
Parent Mtgs 4/5 and 4/8 (MI Sports will be at this meeting for suit orders)
Registration opens 4/9
Practice begins 5/21
Welcome to the Cook Creek Wahoos
Why join a swim team?
We’ve got 5 great reasons to help you warm up to summer swimming:
1. Swimming is great exercise – swimming is a high-energy, low-impact way to build strength and endurance. Daily practices and weekly meets get your swimmer moving almost every day during the season.
2. Swimming is a great way to make new friends – kids of all abilities practice and compete in their own age groups from year to year, creating lifelong friendships that last beyond school. It’s also a great way for parents to not only meet the neighbors, but actually get to know them while volunteering together.
3. Swimming is fun – kids don’t know they are exercising when they are swimming with friends, and they are building a love of a sport that can be enjoyed for a lifetime.
4. Swimming might make you smarter – regular exercise has been shown to improve academic/mental performance at every age, and can build skills leading to great jobs for teens like lifeguards and swim instructors, which look great on college applications and resumes.
5. Swimming teaches the value of setting & attaining goals – swimming is a team sport that also emphasizes personal best achievement through time improvement as a way to advance the team.